Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Ex(foliation) Factor

Our skin is constantly shedding skin cells, and sometimes, they don't always naturally fall off our skin so that's where exfoliating comes in. I constantly exfoliate my skin with a body scrub or a regular body wash together with a body brush and exfoliating gloves.

The result: clear pores, less chance of ingrown hairs, increased circulation and glowing skin.

So how can you do it?
There are two ways in which you can exfoliate; dry skin brushing or wet exfoliation. I choose to exfoliate in the shower. After rinsing your entire body, apply any body scrub containing particles that cause friction against the skin. I use Ocean Salt by LUSH (which is an all time favourite of mine). It has large and small particles of sea salt which do a perfect job in exfoliating my skin. I use it along side a creamy body wash so my skin feels soft afterwards. I also use the Pink Grapfruit Body Scrub from the Body Shop, which works just as well and the smell lingers on your body for hours! I massage this over my entire body using gentle, circular movements. Usually I work the product up from the feet to the top of my body, and concentrate on dry patches such as elbows and knees.


Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub


Ocean Salt by LUSH, you can see the granules of salt!


My manicare exfoliating brush, as you can see ive used it quite alot!

Manicare, exfoliating glove.


Exfoliator beware
Over-exfoliating can strip the skin of too many skin cells (going beyond the layer of dead ones which need to be removed!), and can result in red, scaly and irritated skin. For most skin types, exfoliating two-to-three times a week is plenty for skin to achieve baby-soft smoothness.

Moisturising
Moisturising is an essential step in the post-exfoliation process, but also a great daily treat. I usually apply my moisturiser after a shower when my skin is warm and slightly damp for better absorption- the product will melt into your skin, leaving you with a gorgeous shine!

Check out my blog post on body butters: Body Butter Galore

Rate, Comment, Subscribe


"I was never the girl who thought I need to make sure I look like all the other girls. I think you look best when you stand out." - Selena Gomez

Keep smiling :)


2 comments:

Dressing Up For Me said...

I´ve never tried exfoliating my skin with the Body Shop products. Gotta try it soon.

Artist by Design said...

Yeh, I hadnt either until recently. And it definitely is worth a try because it leaves your skin so smooth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews