Monday, August 22, 2011

A Miracle in a jar- EXTRA Bobbi Brown Repair Foundation SPF 25

Until I bought myself this fantastic foundation I didnt know what was missing in my life. I had been eyeing this foundation for a while but because of the huge markup in price in Austraila $132 (US $55) I was slightly hesitant to purchase it. However, I couldn't hold back and decided to take the plunge and try out this foundation.

I had done my research before I purchased it, and most of the reviews on this product were positive and everyone had said they have seen great results for it. I mainly chose this foundation because of its moisturising qualities. I have extremely dry skin and when I apply any foundation my skin looks cakey even if I had applied a liquid foundation.

The packaging adds to the class of the product. The rough texture of the box really makes that slight difference from a plain box.



The websites 'blurb' as so to speak states this about the product:

NEW Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25 gives skin perfect coverage, moisture & broad-spectrum sun protection. Infused with Shea Butter and Evening Primrose Oil, this does-it-all formula combines all the skin-nourishing benefits of Bobbi’s Extra Skincare with the skin tone-correct color and buildable coverage of her foundations. Over time, it also helps replenish & strengthen skin. Ideal for dry and very dry skin types.
Featured in 'Vogue' Magazine (March 2011) & 'Allure' Magazine (April 2011).

I am in the shade 'golden'. Bobbi Brown is known for creating briliant foundations which suit nearly all skin shades, because she encompasses shades with a yellow undertone as well as a red undertone. Yellow undertone is great for Asian/ Indian skins.

Above are the various shades this foundation comes in. As you can see there is a vast range which Im sure will match nearly every skin tone!


Since it has She Butter it is quite a thick foundation. It is ideally great for the winter when your skin needs that extra bit of TLC. Its buildable, so you can work for the correct colour and coverage by adding more product. I find that even with very very very small pea size product it covers my whole face and makes it look flawless! I also love the smell of the product, its very calming.

Since I have started using this product I have receieved a huge amount of compliments on how great my skin is looking! This is one product I would definitely repurchase when Im done with this jar (which won't be anytime soon). But I think I have finally found what I had  been looking for, and it was definitely worth the wait!

These are some reviews I picked up from their website (evidence that this product is hands down amazing):
 
Excellent Foundation
Date:June 26, 2011
Pros: Dry Skin
Cons: Can't live without
"I love this foundation. I can't put my finger on what's different about it, but I love the finish the foundation has and the overall appearance of my skin when wearing it. For me it does not accentuate fine lines or wrinkles. My skin just looks great. I would recommend trying it before buying as it is expensive, but a little bit goes a long way and the jar should last a long time."

Great for drier skin
Date:July 29, 2011
Pros: Dry Skin
"This is great for drier skin types. In the past, I've never been able to wear foundation because it would start to crease on my skin. I love how this includes UVA/UVA SPF plus foundation...it really saves me time in my morning routine. It also smells good and feels good on my skin! I love all the EXTRA products! Thank you BB! :)"

Have any of you tried the new foundation? Let me know, leave a comment below :)


1 comment:

miracle serum said...

Hm... I'd also like to try this product too... I also have dry skin and I've tried several products... Let's see how this works out. Thank you for posting this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews