Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Covergirl Smoky colourblast dual eyeshadows

This was on sale so I thought I'd give it a try. It has two shades, and is supposed to be an effective way to give your eyes a 'smokey look. I chose this shade because of my skin colour and becasue I wanted something neutral.


There you can see the shades, the silver is quite bright and has specks of glitter (which Im not too happy about). The purple is a nice subtle purple, not too bright. I tried using these two colour together and to be honest I dont think they go well together. My eyes looked soo glittery which is something I didnt like.

The product is fairly creamy, and glides on very easily. One thing though, that I will be using this as is a eyeshadow base. It works great to hold your eyeshadows together and give them more definition.

Don't think Id buy this product again. Its not really worth buying unless youre lookin for something glittery and shiny. Its not really a smokey eyeshadow because the two colours are so bright that it leaves your eyes looking unusually shiny. Best way to use this product is to add in your own eyeshadows in the crease and lid to give your eyes more definition.

Have any of you tried this product?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

To be honest, I always thought this product looked like a load of bull. Just like those one-swipe shadows. If you want a smokey eye you have to learn how to do it properly, lol! I guess people are always looking for a shortcut. Good review, I've always been curious about this product.

Artist by Design said...

Yeh youre completely right, I only bought it because it was on sale. I loved the purple shade so I was like lets give it a try. It already fails in soo many aspects in that they only provide you with 2 shades. How can you do a smoky eye with 2 shades? lol. I think these products are made for those who either find it hard to accomplish the smokey eye or like you said are looking for a short cut. I dont want to waste it so i'll be using it as a base instead!

Pandora`s Box said...

I fell for the hype when it was first launched and ended up getting it in six shades. They are a big disappointment.The colors don't work together just like you mentioned,and have absolutely no staying power even if applied over primer.I only use it as a base for some eyeshadows. Smokey eyes yeah right!

Artist by Design said...

I completely agree with you. And you wont believe I was tempted to buy more as well but I thought I'd stick to just one and try it out. The colours dont go well at all plus they are too shiney for my liking. I think the best thing for them now is like you said using them as a base. I'll do a eye look I have done with them, to get a basic smokey eye.

thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews